Upcoming SwingState Classes
- Multiple DatesWed, 14 JunRehearsal Studio, Lantern Arts Centre
- Multiple DatesWed, 21 JunRehearsal Studio, Lantern Arts Centre
- Multiple DatesWed, 28 JunRehearsal Studio, Lantern Arts Centre
- Multiple DatesWed, 05 JulRehearsal Studio, Lantern Arts Centre
- Multiple DatesWed, 12 JulRehearsal Studio, Lantern Arts Centre
- Wed, 19 JulStudio Theatre, Lantern Arts Centre
Social events that we are attending from the lovely London Scene
Daytime comedy club! Screaming with Laughter
Wed May 24th, 12:00 - 14:00
No, this not Swing Dancing, but it's fun and Dawn is always there! Come and join us for some fun, irreverent comedy in the daytime at he Bedford, in Balham. Babes in arms will be there, but people without kids are very welcome! Enjoy the vibe of an award winning venue in the daytime, ad get back in time for the school run!
Stomping at the 100 Club, 5th June Monday
5th June Monday, 2023
Monday 5th June 2023
SwingdanceUK presents Stompin’ at the 100 Club featuring the 18pce Big Band, South London Jazz Orchestra!
Great music from the 30s, 40s & 50s with your host & DJ Simon ‘Mr Kicks’ Selmon plus special guest Holly France!
7.30pm Doors open
7.45pm Beginners & Intermediate Lindy Hop classes (classes run in parallel; no experience necessary or partner required)
9pm South London Jazz Orchestra
10.15pm South London Jazz Orchestra
Location: 100 Oxford St, London W1D 1LL.
Nearest tube stations: Tottenham Court Road (Elizabeth, Central, Northern Line) & Oxford Circus (Bakerloo, Central & Victoria Line)
Tickets: Early bird (first 50 tickets) £18 / Advanced £20
Get in touch to join the gang!
Overview of our regular weekly classes
RAYNES PARK Wednesday Classes
Rehearsal Studio, Lantern Arts Centre, Raynes Park, SW20
Absolute Beginners: 19:30 - 20:30
Improvers Class : 21:00 - 22:00
£12.50 - drop in class
£50 for 5 classes
£80 for 10 classes
Pay by (Cash, PayPal, Credit Card or online)
Evidence of vaccination required
No partner required, we will rotate.
Learn both lead and follow in class.
More info at the Lantern Website here
Absolute Beginner Level notes:
Classes are progressive - Starting from from absolute beginners (i.e, ground zero) and then progressing in 5-7 week chunks. Welcome to drop in mid term if you've got experience but absolute beginners should come at the beginning of each term. RSVP your attendance above and pay at class.
Improver's Level Notes:
1) You would have attended more than 10 swing classes from other schools before Or
2 ) You would have attended two - three swing state absolute beginners courses Or
3) You know you are a fast learner in dance or have experience in other partner dances Or
4) You are an experienced lead/follow and want to learn the other role.
5) We told you personally to come :)
Individual class details when you RSVP by scrolling up.
Contact us if you've got any questions!